Yann Tiersen

posted under , , by Anonymous

Aside from composers within the realm of classical music, my favorite one is the French composer Yann Tiersen. The man can do no wrong; I have all of his albums and every single piece is both beautiful and lyrical. He has six studio albums, three live albums, and he wrote the soundtracks to the movies Good bye Lenin!, Tabarly, and Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (which also happens to be my favorite movie of all time). Easily recognizable, Mr. Tiersen primarily uses the piano, accordion, and violin in his music, but he also uses other random things like the xylophone, melodica, and typewriter. I'm having a very hard time deciding which is his best studio album, but the soundtrack to Amélie is a very good sample of his music. Among my favorite pieces by Yann are: Comptine d'un Autre Été: L'après Midi, Monochrome, and Rue des Cascades. Check them out!

0 comments

Make A Comment
top